May 2nd - May 5th
Are you up for the challenge?
We know it may be hard to look past the great season that we are currently in, but it's just about that time of year to begin preparing for the 2013-14 all-star cheer season!!! Below is some important information regarding the upcoming
Heat Athletics all-star team tryouts. This information is also available in the form of a PDF by clicking here.
Every year we try and make the tryout process as low-stress as possible. Each athlete will work side-by-side with other athletes in a positive, inclusive environment under the supervision of Heat Athletics staff. Each athlete will be given the opportunity to demonstrate skills which they have learned from our staff and that they are familiar with. Athletes age 3-18 and of all abilities are recommended and encouraged to tryout.
Become a part of the 2013-2014 Heat Athletics Family!
Tryout Clinics: Thursday, May 2nd I Friday, May 3rd
- All athletes who wish to tryout must attend at least one tryout clinic - attending both is recommended. Which tryout clinic(s) an athlete should attend is determined by their age as of August 31st, 2013.
- Athletes attend tryout clinics to learn the skills that are to be demonstrated at their small group tryout - a very short, easy-to-learn dance, motions, jumps, tumbling, etc. - and also showcase their skill at stunting.
- Tryout clinic days and times:
Thursday, May 2nd
Friday, May 3rd
5-7pm - Age 3-11
5-7pm - Age 3-11
7-9pm - Age 12-18
7-9pm - Age 12-18
Small Group Tryouts: Saturday, May 4th I Sunday, May 5th
- All athletes who wish to tryout must attend one small group tryout. Small group tryouts will last for approximately one hour; the size limit for each group trying out is 15 athletes.
- Athletes attend small group tryouts so that Heat Athletics staff may assess the skills that they learn at the tryout clinic(s). Click here for additional information regarding which skills will be assessed; click here for additional information regarding which skills are recommended for each all-star level.
- Small group tryout days and times will be filled on a first come first, serve basis. See below for available small group tryout days and times.
Saturday, May 4th
Sunday, May 5th
Tryout fees and forms must be turned in no later than Saturday, April 20th. (If you are still interested in trying out, please contact us at email@example.com).
At tryouts all athletes are to wear shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes. Hair should be worn completely off the face in a high pony tail. No jewelry is allowed - please leave at home. To help keep the athletes' stress level down, the viewing are will be closed for tryouts.
Please also complete the following forms before your small group try-out:
At the conclusion of tryouts, the staff will meet extensively to assemble the rosters for the 2013-14 all-star cheer season. The staff will work together to form teams so that each has the best possible chance of a successful competitive season. This means that each team will ideally be comprised of a variety of athletes with a variety of skills. Once the 2013-14 Heat Athletics all-star cheer teams have been determined the rosters along with their corresponding practice days and times will be posted by Friday, May 10th.
2013-2014 Heat Athletics all-star team registration forms and fees must be turned in by Monday, May 13th.